A DPS Season of Giving
Employee and Annual Giving Campaign Runs November 1-17, 2017
As in the past, there will be three foundations/organizations that will benefit from the contributions of our community (DPS Foundation, UNCF and United Way). In addition to DPS Foundation teacher grants (as in previous years), we are excited to announce that the Dayton Public Schools Foundation has raised over $15,000 to go towards a “Bring Back the Bands” campaign and challenges our staff and students to contribute to the cause.
View A DPS Season of Giving promotional video: https://youtu.be/2v7q1uukrEc
How to Donate:
- Students are encouraged to give the cost of a candy bar, sports drink, etc. into the collection bucket provided in the lunchroom over lunchtime. A “Give a Dime for Drumlines” pitch can accompany any teacher’s announcement to students or student “pass the bucket” collection designee.
- If these suggested ways to donate are beyond a student’s means then the student is encouraged to write a note of encouragement or “vision” for what they would like to see for the district and either drop it in the blue buckets or display it in a prominent place next to the Bring Back the Bands flyer.
- Educators, Staff and Family are encouraged to give via
- Payroll deduction form
- ”Giving up the cost of a latte” into the blue buckets given to the school during lunch time collections
- Filling out and placing in the blue buckets a hard copy election form from Human Resources
- Going online to www.DaytonPublicSchoolsFoundation.org/donate, accessing and submitting the donation form (or encouraging family, alumni, parents, etc. to do so)
- Community Members can only donate to the Dayton Public Schools Foundation. Community members can bring their donations into the main office of all schools and place their donations inside the blue buckets or donate online at www.DaytonPublicSchoolsFoundation.org/donate to support the Bring Back the Bands Initiative and Teacher Grants.
- DPS Foundation:
- Bring Back the Bands Initiative
- Teacher Grants
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Scholarships
- United Way
The election form sent from HR will be in hard copy at each school. Contributions but can also be accessed by Educators and Staff at the DPS Foundation site if you are only trying to promote one charity. Please turn the election form back into your building campaign manager or Honey Thompson in Human Resources. Those donating via online means will have the opportunity to choose all or a unique cause for their donation to support. Cash “bucket donations” will go to the Drumline and Bring Back the Bands Initiatives (DPS Foundation will be recipient of these funds and will coordinate with Dr. Elizabeth Lolli, Associate Superintendent, Academics regarding the purchase and/or restoral of instruments for students.)
Contact Persons For Questions:
Dayton Public Schools Foundation (DPSF):
DPS Human Resources:
Honey Thompson—employee election form (HAThomps@dps.k12.oh.us, 937-542-3185); Alternate: Bob Buchheim (Rabuchhe@dps.k12.oh.us, 937-542-3153); Venita Kelley, Office of Strategic Communication & Community Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-542-3014).