Department of Fine and Performing Arts
Office 110, 3rd Floor
115 S. Ludlow Street
Justen Seay, Academic Coordinator, Fine and Performing Arts | 937.542.3522
Our mission is to provide a rigorous and comprehensive educational experience for students in the areas of music, visual arts, drama, dance and work to ensure that each student is ready for college and career.
- Establish and maintain alignment of the curriculum with state and national standards.
- Offer opportunities for meaningful collaboration among teachers in the various arts subjects and physical education.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with local arts agencies and community partners for the purpose of expanding student learning experiences into the community-at-large.
- Provide effective professional development for arts education teachers on the best practices teaching methods.
- Acquire additional funding for the maintenance and expansion of art programs.
- Ensure proper expenditure and use of department financial and captial resources.
Arts education is an important factor for improving student outcomes including achievement in core academic subject, mental health, self-confidence, self-discipline and control, creativity and decision-making (Roege & Kyung, 2013; Respress & Lufti, 2006, Catterall et al, 1999; Fiske, 1999). Students will receive instruction in the various arts subjects through sequential and grade-level appropriate lessons designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed for them to be ready for college and career.
Yamaha's BIG Sounds of Summer Percussion Camp!
July 23 & 24 | 9a-4p
Ponitz Career Tech Center
Current Percussionists Grades 7-12
Arts Chat and Chew
More dates coming soon!