The Dayton Innovation Virtual Academy
Phone: (937) 542-3131
Welcome to the Dayton Innovation Virtual Academy (DIVA), an online instructional program for grades nine through 12, that leads students on a structured pathway to graduation from Dayton Public Schools. The academy offers an online alternative to traditional classroom instruction. It is designed for DPS resident students who are not currently enrolled at Dayton Public Schools. While the academy is free of charge, students must be a Dayton resident to enroll.
Students will have:
- Access to a free laptop and wifi
- Flexible schedule
- Personal learning advocate to provide support and monitor progress
- Certified teachers are a phone call or email away
- Opportunity to catch up with course work and push ahead
- Sports eligibility
- Online path to becoming college and career ready
- Advanced Placement credits
- Accelerated learning
- Course subjects include math, science, language arts, social studies
- Diploma from your home school upon completion
How to enroll:
You must first register with Dayton Public Schools at the Student Enrollment Center. Your personal student learning advocate will then contact you to assist you in course selection and continue as your first of point of contact throughout your coursework.
Student Enrollment Center
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH, 45402
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
A unique partnership
The Dayton Innovation Virtual Academy is a partnership with the Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County's Ohio Online Learning Program. The DIVA curriculum is provided by Apex Learning. The curriculum is fully accredited by AdvanceED. The program is designed to retain students by offering them a fully online course load.