Work for Transportation
BECOME A BUS DRIVER
- Candidates do not need prior experience. The district will pay for training.
- Trainees are paid $12 an hour, and once trained and CDL-certified, they become sub drivers and are paid $14 an hour.
- Once drivers pass the Civil Service Exam, they can be hired on as permanent drivers and make $20.39 an hour.
- A minimum of 6 hours of work per day is guaranteed.
- Bus drivers have holidays and summers off, receive sick time and personal leave, and are eligible to earn a free college degree.
- See additional DPS benefits
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License to apply.
To apply for a trainee position, click here.
If you already have a CDL and would like to apply for a bus driver position, click here.