Project SEARCH at Grandview Hospital is a one year training program for students who have an IEP (Individualized Educational Plan). The Transition Senior has completed all academic requirements for graduation but has deferred taking his or her diploma in order to transition from school to a competitive employment.
After interviewing and being selected to participate in the program, the student (intern) will receive daily instruction and support from a Dayton Public Schools intervention specialist and a CAPABILITIES job coach. Interns receives services from Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (BVR) or Montgomery County DDS. The interns are enrolled at Ponitz CTC but report daily to the hospital.
TRAINING & INSTRUCTION
- Effective communication
- Work responsibility/appropriate behaviors
- Problem-solving skills
- Appropriate social skills
- Proper personal hygiene/attire
- Job searching skills
- Money management skills
- Ages 18-22
- Completed graduation requirements
- OOD/BVR (Opportunities for Ohioans with Disability/Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation) eligible or
- DDS (Development Disability Services) eligible
- Travel independently via RTA
- Be independent for toileting and feeding
- Pass drug screening and background check
- Submit application and complete interview process and selection
For further information call Rhonda Mac, instructor (937) 723-4576 or Lesli Combs, Project SEARCH coordinator (937) 542-7287.