Office for Males of Color
OFFICE FOR MALES OF COLOR
Preparing young minds, developing young men, and positioning for a positive future.
Stacy M. Worley, DMin., Director
All male students in grades 3 - 12 are invited to join the Males of Color (MOC) program. MOC consists of a series of sessions designed to affirm, enhance, enlighten, and inspire young males of color within Dayton Public Schools.
Office for Males of Color Objectives
- To help build positive character in young males of color.
- To help develop and enhance critical thinking skills in young males of color.
- To help motivate young males of color towards success in school and life.
- To help guide young males of color towards positive identity development.
- To help provide cultural enrichment for young males of color.
The curriculum includes lessons on building character, community service, setting and reaching goals, and more.
View the Winter 2022 pacing guide.
Interested students should contact the Males of Color coordinator at their school:
|Name/ Title||Email/ Phone||Locations|
|Dr. Stacey Worley|
|Administration Building/ All Schools
District CE&I Admin
|Robert Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org||Eastmont/ Wright Brothers/ Kemp/ Belmont Middle|
|Derrick Burgessemail@example.com||Belmont High/ International School (High)/ Cleveland/ Valerie|
|Michael Hesterfirstname.lastname@example.org||Thurgood/ Wogaman/ Stivers Middle|
|Onah Plattemail@example.com||Meadowdale/ Dunbar/ EJ Brown|
|Brian Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org||Stivers High/ Mound Street/ River's Edge|
|Da'Marion Spenceremail@example.com||Edison/ International School (Elementary)/ Fairview/ Horace Mann|