2021-22 District Calendar:
- This event has passed.
Bus Driver Hiring Event
May 15, 2021 @ 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Want to make a difference in the lives of students? Bus drivers play a critical role in a child’s education. Getting students to and from school on time is crucial to their success.
Come visit our hiring event and get interviewed on-the-spot!
Saturday, May 15th from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
1923 W. Third Street
Dayton, OH 45417
How to Prepare
Bring your resume and be ready for the full application process
About the Position
- DPS bus drivers do not need any prior experience or training. Those without a CDL can apply as a bus driver trainee and the district will pay for all necessary training. Those who already have a CDL are welcome to apply as a bus driver right away.
- Trainees are paid $12 an hour, and once trained and CDL-certified, they become sub drivers and are paid $14 an hour. Once drivers pass the Civil Service Exam, they can be hired on as permanent drivers and make $16.39 an hour.
- For a limited time, there is a $1,500 signing bonus for all drivers hired before June 29, 2021, along with a weekly attendance bonus for drivers who have perfect attendance Monday-Friday.
- Bus drivers have holidays and summers off, receive sick time and personal leave and are eligible to earn a free college degree, along with other benefits. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Candidates must be 21, have a valid driver’s license, and pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
For more information about the position or to simply apply online, visit https://www.dps.k12.oh.us/careers/work-for-transportation/