Writer and Content Specialist
Dayton Board of Education to Resume In-Person Meetings
Preventative measures will be in place.
Dayton Board of Education business meetings will be held in-person beginning Tuesday, October 20th.
Due to COVID-19, only 40 people may attend in-person Board meetings. Meetings will continue to be live-streamed to the district’s Facebook Page.
Reporters who wish to cover Board meetings in-person must RSVP no later than 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
Due to limited space, only 1 RSVP per media outlet will be permitted. If a reporter does not RSVP, DPS cannot guarantee entry. Please RSVP to Alex Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preventative measures at meetings will include:
- All attendees will be spaced six feet apart.
- Aisles will be widened.
- Only 40 people will be permitted to attend.
- If more than 40 people show up, those arriving last will be asked to watch the meeting online rather than in-person for the safety of all others in attendance.
- Face masks are required.
- Those who wish to provide public comment to the Board must complete an online form by 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Those requesting to make public comment must be in attendance at the meeting.
- There will be no paper forms available inside. The online form can be found at DaytonPublic.com on the homepage. (Or visit: http://bit.ly/dpsboardquestions )
Board Meeting schedule: https://www.dps.k12.oh.us/content/documents/Meeting-Schedule-2020.pdf
Share this Post