Early in the year, the Operations and Athletic departments collaborated on a project to repair and renovate district-wide practice football fields and tracks. In an effort to communicate progress to the students, staff, and the community the operations department’s project progress is as follows:
- All fields have successfully established new sod. All field irrigation systems are now functioning and operable utilizing mobile technology for turf care. All fields have been aerated, overseeded, treated, and will receive regular mowing in the next few weeks to prepare for the fall football season.
- The football field at Ponitz will be available for use after the first week of June barring any setbacks. Ponitz does not have a track hence the field availability.
- Beginning on May 16th Meadowdale track replacement will commence followed by Thurgood, Belmont, Dunbar, and Stivers. Rosa Parks will be last pending board approval. All tracks are targeted to be replaced and cured for use by August 1st. Tracks will not be available during the project renovation timeframe.
- Due to the track renovation project, it will be necessary for the operations department to provide alternate practice sites for our football teams to utilize during the track renovation project. The alternate sites will be the same locations as last year and will be available during the first week of June.
- Field Striping will occur at all sites within the first week of June in order to provide a seamless transition for our teams.
We would like to thank all staff from the athletic and operation departments for their teamwork in coordinating and executing these improvements for the district.
Share this Post