Student Enrollment Center
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, Ohio, 45402
Open Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM
Free Parking in lot behind building
NOTE: You must first MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE OR CALL (937) 542-5555
The Student Enrollment Center is a one-stop shop for registering your child at Dayton Public Schools. Your child will begin an exciting, educational adventure in a district with innovative academic offerings and enriched learning opportunities. Students are guided by dedicated teachers and a caring staff who are ready to help them succeed. But, to start your adventure, you must ENROLL!
- Visit the Online Student Registration
- Registration Hub - helpful information, including transfers, transportation, transcripts and records, and special needs
- Preschool page - all things for young learners
Bring along the necessary documents to complete the registration process quickly. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student. A legal guardian must provide legal documentation of guardianship. Here are the documents you need whether you are new to the district or returning to Dayton Public Schools:
- Child's birth certificate
- Childâ€™s shot records
Effective August 1, 2019, all Parent/Guardian(s) must provide a Primary AND Secondary Proof of Address for Enrollment and Change of Address. Listed below are the acceptable documents.
All documents listed below must include the custodial parent/legal guardian's:
-First and Last Name
-Dated within 60 days of parentâ€™s visit to the Student Enrollment Center or Assigned School
â€‹-NO Secondary Proof of Address is needed if the Lease Agreement is issued within 60 days
PRIMARY PROOF OF ADDRESS
-Lease Agreement (must include landlord and tenant signatures)
-Mortgage Statement (dated within 60 days)
-Proof of Purchase
-Property Tax Bill
SECONDARY PROOF OF ADDRESS (must be within 60 days)
-Utility Bill (Water, Electric, Gas, Propane, Cable)
-Change of Address
-Documentation on Employerâ€™s Letterhead verify address
-Job & Family Services Documentation
-Social Security Statement
-Shelter LetterParentâ€™s valid photo I.D. that includes his/her signature (must not be expired)
4. Proof of grade level (report card, progress report, transcript, withdrawal form)
5. Custody documentation (if applicable-custody given by court that is court-stamped and signed by magistrate or judge, or custody given by accredited agency. The state of Ohio does not recognize a notarized statement for custody.)
6. Child care providerâ€™s name, address and phone number (grades K-8 only)
other helpful tools
- Child Care Provider Forms: add, delete or change a child care provider.
- A Parent/legal guardian must show photo ID when submitting the form at the child's assigned school.
- Transportation is provided to/from child care provider within 1.5 miles of assigned school. You will be notified of bus stop information within five days.
- Change of Address Form: advise child's school of new address. Forms are available during each school's summertime hours (call school to check on hours).
- Parent/guardian must bring valid photo ID including signature, and an address verification document (utility bill, lease agreement pay stub, etc.)
- Transportation is provided for elementary and middle school students who live within 1.5 miles of assigned school. You will be notified of route within five days.
- DPS does not provide transportation for high school students. If interested, contact the RTA to obtain the appropriate route schedule to your childâ€™s high school. RTA offers special rates for high school passengers during school hours.