About Dayton Public Schools
Striving for Excellence
Dayton Public Schools is an urban district with more than 12,000 students in pre-kindergarten through high school. Our 27 schools are always striving to do more and do better for our students.
Here’s why you will love Dayton Public Schools:
- All of our preschools are rated 5-stars by the Ohio Department of Education.
- All of our high schools offer Career and Technical Education.
- We have one-to-one technology; a Chromebook is available to every student.
- Our College Credit Plus program allows students to earn college credit beginning in seventh grade. Students can even earn their associate degree while still in high school.
- We are home to one of the world’s 44 Challenger Learning Centers, where students get hands-on experience with science and math and learn about space travel and exploration.
- Free breakfast and lunch are provided daily to all students.
- The DPS 2018 graduation rate climbed 10 percentage points since 2010.
- Our students and alumni have been recognized at local, state and national levels for their talents in the arts, academics, business, civic leadership and athletics.
To equip our students to achieve success in a global society by implementing an effective and rigorous curriculum with fidelity.