Office for Cultural Engagement & Inclusion
OFFICE FOR CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT & INCLUSION
136 South Ludlow Street
Dayton OH 45402
Tel. (937) 542-3598
Stacy Worley, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cultural Engagement and Inclusion is a space for students to engage, organize, socialize, and inquire about social justice issues and learn about identities beyond their own. The center supports students from all backgrounds as they explore the intersections of their identities and transform into leaders for a diverse global society. The center strives to cultivate and maintain an inclusive district-wide campus community and facilitate cross-cultural learning & celebrations.
- In the classroom fostering an appreciation for diversity.
- Diverse Athletic Activities
- Increase understanding of social justice issues among community-related activities
- Confront stereotypes and Biases head-on
- Creates a safe space for all to learn grow and develop cross-cultural competency inclusiveness.
The Office for Males of Color and Office for Females of Color consists of a series of sessions designed to affirm, enhance, enlighten, and inspire young males and females of color within the Dayton Public School District. Activities from various culturally relevant curricula will serve as the primary guide for each session, but the experiences and interests of the class participants themselves will serve as springboards for impromptu discussions within each session as well. When necessary and appropriate, films and other media and materials will be used to introduce and/or reinforce the main ideas that will be covered in this class. The overall objectives of our programming are:
- To help build positive character in young males and females of color.
- To help develop and enhance critical thinking skills in young males and females of color.
- To help motivate young males and females of color toward success in school and life.
- To help guide young males and females of color toward positive identity development.
- To help provide cultural enrichment for young males and females of color.
STUDENT CLUBS OFFERED
- Ambassador Males of Color
- Ambassador Females of Color
- Ambassador African Student Association
- Ambassador Armenian Student Association
- Ambassador Turkish Association
- Ambassador European
- Ambassador India
- Ambassador Asian
- Ambassador Italian
- Ambassador Filipino
- Ambassador Latin American Student Organization
- PRIDE (People Respecting Individuality, Diversity, and Equality)