Student Enrollment & Records
STUDENT ENROLLMENT AND RECORDS
Your one-stop-shop to register your student at Dayton Public Schools. Your child will begin an exciting, educational adventure in a district with innovative academic offerings and enriched learning opportunities. Students are guided by dedicated teachers and caring staff who are ready to help them succeed. But, to start your adventure, you must enroll.
136 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402
937-542-5555 (Office) | (937) 542-3202 (Fax)
Open Mon. – Fri. 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Free parking behind 115 S. Ludlow building
- Gather the required documents.
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student. A legal guardian must provide legal documentation of guardianship
- Child's birth certificate
- Child’s shot records
- Primary & Secondary Proof of Address
- Proof of grade level (report card, progress report, transcript, withdrawal form)
- Custody documentation (If applicable. Must be court-stamped and signed by magistrate or judge, or custody given by the accredited agency. The state of Ohio does not recognize a notarized statement for custody.)
- Child care provider’s name, address, and phone number (If applicable. Grades K-8 only.)
- You must complete enrollment by appointment only. Expect to spend about an hour at the Student Enrollment Center to complete enrollment. Make an appointment online or call (937) 542-5555.
- Make an Appointment Now
Applying for an EdChoice Voucher?Enrollment is no longer required. Please contact your private school to complete your voucher process.
Transfers between DPS schools are ONLY accepted once a school year. Parents may fill out a transfer request and submit it to the Student Enrollment Center February 1st – March 31st. All transfer requests submitted will be processed for the upcoming school year. You will receive a confirmation letter if your transfer was approved or denied.
Those currently attending a DPS school must go to that building to officially withdraw a student.
All inquiries including graduation verification, transcript, shot records, IEP, ETR, and cumulative folder must be requested online. Students who have graduated from Dayton Public Schools may request a duplicate diploma and/or diploma cover. Transcript processing time may vary from 10 - 30 business days.
A student in grades K-8 automatically receives transportation, provided that student meets one or more of these criteria:
- Lives more than 1.5 miles from his/her school, OR
- Has a route to school affected by one of four hazards (river, active railroad tracks, bridge with no sidewalks, and major highways), OR
- Has an IEP that mandates transportation
- A transportation request for a non-DPS student may be made through the school he/she attends. In order to update or delete a child care provider, parents must complete and submit this form to the child's school.
Preschool-age students are referred by the Help Me Grow program, parents, or other agencies for special needs assessment. This assessment determines if the student requires an IEP (individualized education plan).
The DPS Office for Exceptional Children registers new K-12 students with existing IEPs through the Student Assignment Office.
Transfer students are reminded to please bring a hard copy of your transcript (high school), evaluations, and existing Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and/or Evaluation Team Report (ETR) when registering with DPS, to ensure proper placement.
Office for Exceptional Children
Phone (937) 542-3353 | Fax 542-3215