Welcome to Dayton Public Schools. Enrolling in our district is as easy as ONE, TWO, THREE!
There are three ways to enroll your child in Dayton Public Schools:
- Traditional (in-person appointment)
- Hybrid (Download forms or complete the online form and schedule an in-person appointment)
- Virtual (Complete the online form, upload documents, and schedule a virtual appointment)
Please note: Enrollment appointments are set for 20 minutes each. If you are enrolling more than one student, you will need to schedule an additional 20-minute appointment for each student.
To begin your child’s exciting educational adventure, guided by dedicated teachers and a caring staff ready to offer innovative and enriched academic learning opportunities, simply:
- Gather the required enrollment documents
- Start the enrollment process (download and complete forms or complete online form and upload)
- Schedule an appointment (in-person or virtual) to finish the process
If you choose the traditional or hybrid option, we are located at:
136 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402
937-542-5555 (Office) | (937) 542-3202 (Fax)
Open Mon. – Fri. 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Free parking behind 115 S. Ludlow building
If you choose to begin the online enrollment process, all required enrollment documents must be legible and uploaded as directed prior to your appointment. To complete the online enrollment process, you must schedule and attend a virtual or in-person appointment.
If you are unable to upload any of the required documents or provide information for any of the mandatory fields, please schedule an in-person appointment.
If you are a non-Dayton resident, enrolling in the district,
- Download and complete the Open Enrollment Application
- Complete the enrollment process above
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gather the required documents in order to enroll your students at Dayton Public Schools. The list is as follows –
- Parent/Guardian Identification (valid driver’s license, state ID, passport, I-94 card, green card, or community ID) A legal guardian must provide legal documentation of guardianship (birth certificate or custody documents)
- Child’s birth certificate (or child’s passport if the parent(s)/guardian(s) name is included)
- Child’s shot records (if available but not required for enrollment)
- Proof of Address (see below for acceptable proof)
- Proof of grade level (report card, progress report, transcript, withdrawal form)
- Custody documentation (If applicable. Must be court-stamped and signed by a magistrate or judge, or custody given by the accredited agency. The state of Ohio does not recognize a notarized statement for custody.)
- Directory Information Notice (please review if you would like to opt out of any directory information sharing) - English | Arabic | French | Kinyarwandan | Russian | Spanish | Swahili | Tigrinya | Turkish
Any of the forms listed above may be submitted prior to your scheduled appointment using the following email address: email@example.com
Include the following in the email subject line: Student’s First and Last Names and Birthdate (mm/dd/yy)
FIND YOUR POSSIBLE SCHOOL
Determine the schools available to your student.
Students with disabilities or special needs should contact the Office for Exceptional Children for additional information.
Transfers between DPS schools are ONLY accepted once a school year. Parents may fill out a transfer request and submit it to the Student Enrollment Center from February 1st – March 31st. All transfer requests submitted will be processed for the upcoming school year. You will receive a confirmation letter if your transfer was approved or denied.
Those currently attending a DPS school must go to that building to officially withdraw a student.