About Dayton Public Schools
ABOUT DAYTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Striving For Excellence
Dayton Public Schools is an urban district with more than 12,000 students in pre-kindergarten through high school.
The district's early learning center, 16 elementary schools, 4 middle schools and 7 high schools are always striving to do more and do better for students!
Here’s why you will love Dayton Public Schools:
- All DPS preschools are rated 5-stars by the Ohio Department of Education.
- The district has one-to-one technology; a Chromebook is available to every student.
- Two Career Technology Centers allow students to earn career credentials and college credit.
- The College Credit Plus Program allows students to earn college credit throughout high school. Students can even earn their associate degree before graduation if they choose.
- DPS is home to one of the world's 41 Challenger Learning Centers, where students get hands-on experience with science, math, engineering, design, and learn about space travel and exploration.
- Free breakfast and lunch is provided daily to all students.
- Seniors earn approximately $20 million in scholarships to colleges and universities across the country each year.
- Students and alumni have been recognized at local, state and national levels for their talents in the arts, academics, business, civic leadership and athletics.
By The Numbers
The Dayton Public Schools Board of Education has created a strategic plan aimed at increasing student success, implementing effective instructional strategies, strengthening resources for diverse populations and more.
Click the link below for District Data, our Strategic Plan, and our Ohio Report Card.