Teaching & Learning
OFFICE OF TEACHING AND LEARNING
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton OH 45402
Tel. (937) 542-3231
Fax (937) 542-3214
The heart of any school district is the delivery of instruction and the implementation of a standards-based, research-driven curriculum. The role of the Office of Teaching and Learning is to ensure that students, teachers and parents have the tools, materials, and opportunities for engagement to provide high-quality educational opportunities so that our students are ready for the demands of the 21st century.
The department implements, monitors and supports all instructional and professional development initiatives designed to improve the academic performance, achievement and psychosocial functioning of our diverse student population in grades prekindergarten through 12.
The Office of Teaching and Learning is comprised of the following offices:
- Mathematics Library Media and
- Educational Technology
- Special Education
We will become a model for quality public education and a district of choice for the community.
Every student enters kindergarten ready to learn and graduates ready for college and career.
- No excuses
- Academic excellence is our top priority
- Every student is challenged to achieve
- Learning strategies and environments reflect a rich cultural heritage
- Excellent education requires excellent educators
- Education is collaborative and involves every stakeholder in the process
- Strong schools in strong neighborhoods build a strong and successful community
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT TARGETS
- Kindergarten – 60% enter ready to learn
- Third Grade – 80% read at grade level
- 12th Grade – 95% graduate ready for college and career
- Close the Gap – 80% of all students are proficient or better in reading and math