Office for Exceptional Children (OEC)
OFFICE FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN (OEC)
Interim Chief of OEC
- Tonya Ray, 937-542-3454
- Laura Collier, 937-542-3401
- Carla McCluskey, 937-542-3583
Academic Coordinators, OEC
- Catherine Valentour, Sr. Academic Coordinator, 937-542-5293
- Christina Martindale, 937-542-3420
- Crystal Baughn, 937-542-3292
- Tina Daniel, 937-542-3440
- Michelle Dinsmore, 937-542-3385
- Kristen Edwards, 937-542-3438
- Sarah Lantz-Ramsay, 937-542-3431
- Bridgett Pritchard, 937-542-3474
- Sherida Wynn, 937-542-3464
If you are in need of Special Education documents, contact:
- Nick Felts, Records Clerk, 937-542-3233, email@example.com
If you are another public school district and need to invite a representative from Dayton to a meeting, contact:
- Crystal Baughn, Out of District Academic Coordinator, 937-542-3292, firstname.lastname@example.org
The district currently serves 2,099 students (approximately 17% of the total student population) through an Individualized Education Plan with specially designed services.
If you know a child between the ages of 0-22 who you suspect has a disability, and that child lives within the Dayton Public Schools area, please contact the Office for Exceptional Children at (937) 542-3353.
Requesting an Evaluation:
Parents are able to request an evaluation of their child. The district asks that parents put this request in writing and submit it to the administrator in their child’s school, or contact the Office for Exceptional Children at (937) 542-3353.
Dayton Public Schools has the best special education services in the area! We offer ...
- Large motor, physical, occupational, speech, mental health, vision, orientation, hearing, and music therapies.
- Two programs with services to children with varying degrees of hearing and language impairments.
- Vision services that are not readily offered in most school districts and charter schools.
"To equip our students to achieve success in a global society by implementing an effective and rigorous curriculum with fidelity."