TRANSPORTATION & FLEET SERVICES
The Transportation Department provides the community a safe, professional and efficient means to transport eligible students in the Dayton area.
We provide transportation for students to and from school, athletic events and field trips. Transportation is also provided for special events as assigned by the district superintendent. Our school bus fleet travels over 8,000 miles per day and over 1.5 million miles a school year! The transportation department employs more than 300 employees, including nearly 200 qualified school bus drivers and substitutes. Additionally, there are highly qualified mechanics who maintain our fleet, body shop/metal workers who make needed repairs to school buses and trained paraprofessionals that ride and assist our special needs students.
The Dayton Public Schools Transportation Department has received the highest marks for safety and reliability from the annual Ohio State Highway Patrol inspection team. We strive to provide safe and reliable transportation for our students by effectively managing time, resources and personnel.
- Torronce Jackson, Executive Director of Transportation and Fleet Services
- Charles Beckley, II, Confidential Secretary
- Terrance Jackson, Director of Training and Compliance
- Martina Sanderson, Clerical III
- Andrea Ludd, Director of Specialized Transportation
- Sonya Blackmon, Clerical II/Call Center
- Corey Walbright, Director of Fleet Services
- Tony Walendzak, Parts/Inventory Specialist
- Athena Pill, Dispatcher
- Kim Jenkins, Dispatcher
- Monique Lucas, Dispatcher
- Erica Bratchette, Routing Specialist
- Devon Henderson, Routing Specialist
- Cindy Olson, Clerical III/Payroll Processing
- Dion Miller, Receptionist
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL BUSING
- Sign up for Transportation Notification with My Stop
- Frequently Asked Questions (TBA)
HIGH SCHOOL RTA BUSING
DPS high school students will no longer have Limited-Service RTA routes, DPS RTA bus passes, or other DPS transportation. High schoolers may still take regular RTA routes to school.