Updated May 2022
- Beginning March 28th, the district will move from “masks mandated” to “masks strongly recommended” for staff, students, and all visitors to DPS buildings.
- All students and school personnel are strongly encouraged to continue to wear masks. Those who choose to continue wearing masks, as well as those who choose not to wear a mask, are expected to respect the choice of others. The district will not tolerate any type of bullying or intimidation as it relates to a person’s choice to mask or not.
EXPOSURE & QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must ISOLATE for 5 days regardless of vaccine status. They may come out of isolation after 5 days if they have no symptoms or have been fever-free for 24 hours (without medication). The individual must wear a mask, social distance, and continue to wash hands. You do not need a negative test to return.
- If you were EXPOSED to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, you can continue working, wear a mask for 10 days and test after day 5 if possible.
- If you were EXPOSED to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms, stay home and get tested or consult your healthcare provider. Employees may come out of isolation after 5 days if they have been fever-free for 24 hours (without medication). The individual must wear a mask, social distance, and continue to wash hands regularly. You do not need a negative test to return.
- The district follows guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health and Montgomery County Department of Health.
OTHER PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
- The district will continue to thoroughly clean buildings and sanitize high-touch surfaces.
- DPS will follow guidance on social distancing as much as possible.
- Proper and frequent hand washing will continue to be encouraged.
- Students will continue to use water bottle filling stations rather than drinking fountains.
Share this Post