February is Black History Month, also known as African American history Month! To celebrate, DPS will be sharing student, parent, and District submissions about how they are celebrating during virtual learning.
Use the form below to submit information, photos, videos, and drawings and tell us how you are celebrating Black History Month. You may return to this page to submit multiple times. Your submission might be shared on DPS social media or in newsletters.
Ideas for submission:
- Print out and color a prominent African American figure in history and submit your masterpiece! There are some great coloring pages here and here.
- Dress up as your favorite African American figure and take a photo to honor his or her legacy.
- Take photos of books you are reading or educational programs you are watching to celebrate Black History Month.
- Tell us about other activities you are doing at home with your family or in your classes to celebrate!
Follow us on social media to see if we highlight your submission!
Learn more about Black History Month
- Black History Month is an annual observance originating in the United States, where it is also known as African-American History Month.
- Black History Month begins on Monday, February 1st and ends Monday, March 1st.
- African American History Month | Library of Congress
- Black History Month | National Geographic Kids
- Follow our Office for Males of Color on social media or learn more about this program for more important conversations surrounding Black History Month and the African American community
Tell us how you’re celebrating
Share this Post