How much do you know about Dayton Public Schools?
The DPS Class of 2014 earned some $12 million in scholarships to attend colleges and universities across the United States.
Rosa Parks ELC spring dance
Dayton Public Schools serves approximately 14,000 students in preschool through high school. Our schools offer enhanced academic themes developed to meet the different learning styles of students.
Our decisions, academic and operational, continue to rest on our four academic non-negotiables: (1) kindergarten readiness, (2) third-graders reading on grade level, (3) closing the achievement gap, and (4) high school graduates ready for college and careers.
DPS families have excellent opportunities for involvement in their children’s schools through our Community Education Council network and our DPS Parent University—a series of classes designed around what you told us you wanted to know. We look forward to a successful year made possible with the support and involvement of our families and community partners.
- District Review Team presents findings and recommendations
- DPS increases online transparency
- DPS summer programs begin June 5
- DPS Spring Sports Schedule (May 24-30)
- Gift of reading staves off "summer slide"
- School in Session
June 01, 2015
- DPS Employee Appreciation Reception
June 01, 2015 05:30PM
- DBOE Strategic Planning Mtg.
June 02, 2015 06:00PM
- Last day for students and teachers (2-hr. early dismissal PK-12)
June 04, 2015
- Joint City/DBOE mtg.
June 09, 2015 06:00PM
- DBOE Policy Mtg.
June 11, 2015 04:00PM