How much do you know about Dayton Public Schools?
The DPS Class of 2013 earned more than $11 million in scholarships to attend colleges and universities across the United States.
Best of the Class
Dayton Public Schools serves approximately 14,000 students in preschool through high school this year. Our schools offer new and enhanced academic themes that focus teaching and learning around the Common Core State Standards, which will be fully implemented in 2014-15.
Our decisions, academic and operational, continue to rest on our four academic non-negotiables: (1) kindergarten readiness, (2) third-graders reading on grade level, (3) closing the achievement gap, and (4) high school graduates ready for college and careers.
DPS families have excellent opportunities for involvement in their children’s schools through our Community Education Council network and our DPS Parent University—a series of classes designed around what you told us you wanted to know. We look forward to a successful year made possible with the support and involvement of our families and community partners.
- Stivers to host string and band academy
- DPS TV wins fifth national award
- Stivers open house
August 05, 2014 11:00AM
- Belmont HS Schedule Preview Day (Gr. 9-12)
August 07, 2014 09:00AM
- Dunbar ECHS summer orientation/parent mtg (Seniors)
August 07, 2014 05:30PM
- Meadowdale HS freshmen orientation
August 07, 2014 06:00PM
- Dunbar ECHS summer orientation/parent meeting (Soph/Jrs)
August 08, 2014 03:30PM
- Dunbar ECHS summer orientation/parent meeting (Freshmen)
August 11, 2014 05:30PM